Job Title: Membership Development Specialist
Organization: Odessa Chamber of Commerce Operations Department
Full-time, Salary plus commission
The Odessa Chamber of Commerce is seeking an ambitious, results-driven sales professional to promote the positive aspects of chamber involvement and secure new membership and sponsorship sales. Key attributes are highly motivated, competitive spirit, coachability, relationship builder and drive to manage time effectively and achieve established goals.
Prospect, research and engage prospective member businesses via initial telephone contact
- Assess prospective member needs and motivations to make appropriate connections to chamber programs and resources
- Consistently achieve all monthly sales activity and production minimums.
- Actively leverage upselling of membership and sponsorships to drive new revenue and deeper member engagement.
- Develop and maintain a quality prospective member list
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3+ years’ experience in a business development, sales, fundraising or industry environment are a must.
- Self-starter with demonstrated skills in taking initiative, problem-solving, negotiating and driving results.
- Effective communication skills
How to Apply
Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and references, combined into one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Membership Development Specialist” in the subject line of the email.