Junior Leadership Odessa
How long is the program?
The roughly four-week program consists of 6 events:
- Saturday orientation retreat (8 am – 5 pm)
- Four evening sessions (5:30 pm – 9 pm), held on consecutive Mondays*, all sessions begin and end at the Chamber office (700 N. Grant, Bank of America Building, 2nd floor)
- Graduation ceremony (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm)
To graduate from the program, participants must attend the orientation retreat and three of the four evening sessions.
*Occasionally one evening will be switched from a Monday to a Tuesday. Any such change will be announced well ahead of time.
Who Participates in Junior Leadership Odessa?
Junior-year students from New Tech Odessa, Odessa High School, and Permian High School
Application forms can be obtained through your school counselor, or download the forms above.
Who runs Junior Leadership Odessa (JLO)?
JLO is a project of the Odessa Chamber of Commerce. Recent graduates from the Chamber’s sister program for business professionals (Leadership Odessa) organize and lead the Junior Leadership sessions.
What’s the program schedule?
Junior Leadership runs Jan. 21 – Feb. 21, 2017
To graduate from Junior Leadership you must attend the retreat and at least three of the four evening sessions.
- Sat., January 20, 8:25 am – 4:00 pm – Retreat, Odessa Regional Medical Center
- Mon., January 22, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm – Media & Education, Odessa Chamber of Commerce*
- Mon., January 29, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm – Law Enforcement & Government, Odessa Chamber*
- Mon., February 5, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm – Medical & Social Services, Odessa Chamber*
- Tue., February 12, 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm – Arts & Culture, Odessa Chamber*
- Tue., February 20, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm – Graduation, Odessa Regional Medical Center
*Sessions will begin and end at the Odessa Chamber of Commerce, 700 N. Grant, Suite 200 (Bank of America building)
How much does Leadership Odessa cost?
FREE, thanks to the generosity of individual or business Members of the Chamber who donate funds or food to the program.
When can I enroll?
Enrollment for the 2018 class begins in November. Enrollment deadline is 5 pm, Friday, December 15, 2017. Class is formed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To find out more, please call Lynn Van Amburgh 432.333.7862 at the Odessa Chamber of Commerce or email email@example.com